Colorado Tourism Office
The Colorado Tourism Office (CTO) and the Leave No Trace Center for Outdoor ethics joined forces in 2017 to create and share a responsible tourism message to people traveling throughout the state of Colorado. CTO and the Center worked together to create the Care for Colorado Leave No Trace Principles and Are You Colo-Ready messaging to inspire both in and out of state visitors to protect the beautiful landscapes and irreplaceable cultural and historic resources that make Colorado such a sought-after destination.
Care for Colorado Coalition
Leave No Trace and the Colorado Office of Tourism have joined as Founding Partners in establishing the Care for Colorado Coalition. This coalition is made up of a variety of associations, businesses, and organizations in Colorado that are dedicated to sharing messages and education aimed at encouraging visitors to be good stewards of the places they visit in Colorado.
The following entities have demonstrated a strong commitment to the recognition and adoption of stewardship practices joining the coalition as Stewardship Partners. These partners are dedicated to ensuring that their members are educating their various audiences about Leave No Trace practices through the promotion of Care for Colorado messaging.
- Bicycle Colorado
- Bureau of Land Management, Colorado State Office
- Colorado Association of Destination Marketing
- Colorado Association of Ski Towns
- Colorado Association for Viticulture & Enology
- Colorado Campground and Lodging Owners Association
- Colorado Department of Transportation
- Colorado Dude and Guest Ranch Association
- Colorado Hotel and Lodging Association
- Colorado Mountain Club
- Colorado Outdoor Recreation Industry Office
- Colorado Parks and Recreation Association
- Colorado Parks and Wildlife
- Colorado River Outfitters Association
- Colorado Scenic and Historic Byways
- Colorado Wine Industry Development Board
- Destination Colorado
- Great Outdoors Colorado
- Tour Colorado
- USDA Forest Service Rocky Mountain Region
These businesses and organizations have stepped up their commitment to the Care for Colorado Coalition and have joined as dues-paying Stewardship Members. These members are actively educating visitors, guests, and clients about Leave No Trace and the Care for Colorado principles.
Let’s protect and enjoy our natural world together
Get the latest in Leave No Trace eNews in your inbox so you can stay informed and involved.