Effective Communication of Leave No Trace – PPFF
Effective Communication of Leave No Trace - Pennsylvania Parks & Forests Foundation
May 6, 2021
6:00 pm - 8:00 pm EDT
The Subaru/Leave No Trace Teams provide proven, research-based skills and education for getting outside in an environmentally sustainable way. Topics in this interactive, virtual workshop include:
- Overview of Leave No Trace principles and ethics, including both the hows and whys behind the importance of practicing Leave No Trace.
- Effective Communication: What we say is as important as how we say it, and effective communication is key to breaking down barriers to opposition and providing a space for visitors to feel receptive to our message.
- Authority of the Resource: This technique serves as a proven method of changing visitor behavior through deemphasizing regulation in favor of education about the natural world. Participants will learn ways to generate clear, succinct and focused social and ecological reasons for visitors to engage in practices that help avoid impacts.
- Recommendations to keep ourselves, our communities and our outdoor spaces safe and healthy during COVID-19.
- Programs and resources of the Leave No Trace Center for Outdoor Ethics and ways to get more involved
*Attendees will be encouraged to participate in online based activities.*
Advance registration is required. After registering, you will receive a confirmation email with information about joining the webinar. If you do not receive a registration confirmation email, please contact [email protected]
NOTE: This program is geared toward those with previous knowledge of Leave No Trace practices and principles and who interact with park and public land visitors or work on park communications and messaging (e.g. rangers, interpreters, naturalists, guides/outfitters, friends’ groups, volunteers, etc.). If you are new to Leave No Trace or have not had Leave No Trace training in recent years, we encourage you to complete the self-paced (30-45 min) Leave No Trace Online Awareness Course in advance.