News & Updates
An Introduction to Leave No Trace
Damascus, VA: What is Leave No Trace? We are the member-driven Leave No Trace Center for Outdoor Ethics that teaches people of all ages how to enjoy the outdoors responsibly and is the most widely accepted outdoor ethics program used on public lands. Through relevant and targeted education, research and outreach, the Center ensures the long-term health of our natural world. In its simplest form, Leave No Trace is about making good decisions to protect the world around you – the world we all enjoy. Do your part to pass our nation’s heritage of outdoor recreation to future generations by joining us.
More about Leave No Trace:
To sustain healthy, vibrant natural lands for all people to enjoy, now and into the future. Every person who ventures outside puts Leave No Trace practices into action.
To protect the outdoors by teaching and inspiring people to enjoy it responsibly.
The broad approaches we will take in order to achieve the goal
1. Make Leave No Trace relevant and accessible for all people who spend time outside (PEOPLE)
2. Make Leave No Trace prominent, relevant and accessible in the outdoors (LANDS)
3. Ensure all outdoor programs/organizations embrace and champion Leave No Trace (COLLABORATION)
4. Organizational Sustainability (SUSTAINABILITY) — an organization that is thriving financially, broadly supported and coupled with strong leadership to ensure our ability to pursue our mission into the future.
- Leave No Trace in Every Park.
- Leave No Trace for Every Kid.
- Every person who ventures outside puts leave no trace practices into action.
Amanda and Greg – Subaru/Leave No Trace Traveling Trainer Team East Central
Leave No Trace’s Amanda Neiman and Greg Smith are part of the 2016 Subaru/Leave No Trace Traveling Trainer Program that provides free, mobile education to communities across the country. Proud partners of this program include Subaru of America, REI, Fjall Raven, ENO, Deuter, Thule, and SmartWool.
Let’s protect and enjoy our natural world together
Get the latest in Leave No Trace eNews in your inbox so you can stay informed and involved.