Camp Panel Discussion
Bigfoot’s Playbook Pilot Project – 2017 ACA National Conference
Albuquerque, New Mexico – At the American Camp Association National Conference in February of 2017, Leave No Trace led a panel discussion with four camps that participated in our 2016 camp curriculum pilot program. The pilot program field tested the Center’s new experiential youth curriculum (now in its current form as Bigfoot’s Playbook) at 20 summer camp programs across the US. With close to 50 attendees at the session, the panel discussed the opportunities and challenges of using the new Leave No Trace experiential curriculum, staff training, and culture shifts. 55 minutes
- How did your camp incorporate the curriculum into summer programs?
- Staff training considerations.
- Pre-summer, Leave No Trace online training
- Opportunities and challenges with the curriculum.
- Changing camp culture for Leave No Trace.
- Nature Play
- Sherwood Forest’s success story with improve youth development assessment scores through the curriculum.
- The value of this curriculum in your programs at camp.
- Q+A from audience members
- Ian Roberts – Colorado Mountain Camp Program Director, Avid4 Adventure
- Ariella Rogge – Director, High Trails, Sanborn Western Camps
- Martie Adams – Logistic Coordinator, Big Springs, Sanborn Western
- Amanda Westall – Program Manager, Sherwood Forest Camp
- Andrew Leary – National Youth Program’s Manager, The Leave No Trace Center for Outdoor Ethics (moderator).