News & Updates
New Leave No Trace Website Provides New Pathways to Access Information
March 28, 2019 (Boulder, CO): Twenty-five years ago, environmental advocates from the public, the outdoor industry and the land management community responded to a call to protect our natural lands and the Leave No Trace organization was born. Fast-forward to 2019, and the Leave No Trace Center for Outdoor Ethics is building upon its mission to ensure that all people and every park, forest and protected area in the country are infused with strong Leave No Trace foundations.
We knew it was time for our website to reflect this same boldness and intention. Through a grant from 829 Studios, a Boston-based integrated marketing agency, the website ensures easy navigation and accessibility to all, while relaying the important work of the Leave No Trace organization and movement. Here are some of the changes you will see at www.LNT.org:
- Emerging Issues: Interested in the problems Leave No Trace is solving today? The Center is taking on issues that impact the natural world with innovative research and initiatives.
- Education & Research Library: This new library makes it easy to find all the tools, activities, research and resources to support your Leave No Trace education. Can’t find what you’re looking for at a glance? Use the search tool to get specific results.
- Interactive Map: Find and view details about where Leave No Trace is at work. Plus, filter by event type and location to easily find what you’re looking for.
- New Store: The Center Store is loaded with Leave No Trace books, educational resources and essential merchandise just for you.
- Easy Payment Options for Members and Partners: Remembering to renew just got way easier—on the new mobile-friendly giving pages you can set your membership or partnership to auto-renew every year. Plus, you can speed through checkout with the new PayPal payment option. Give it a try at LNT.org/Give.
- Resources for Educators: Now, when Master Educators submit Trainer Course rosters through our online form, they will automatically by emailed free PDF certificates for participants.
- Focus on Regional Volunteerism: Your state page is a hub for training and event requests, and your State Advocate is your first point of contact. In need of a Master Educator for a local training event? You can contact the Center.
- Fully Responsive Conscious Design: Our redesign has topography that is easier on the eyes, cleaner lines and more white space for optimal viewing on a big screen to your phone.
Thank you to the fine team at 829 Studios for their incredible dedication to and work on this project. We encourage you to explore Leave No Trace’s new site. If you encounter any errors or broken links, please let us know at info@LNT.org.
Let’s protect and enjoy our natural world together
Get the latest in Leave No Trace eNews in your inbox so you can stay informed and involved.