News & Updates
Leave No Trace for City Parks
Bishop, CA: Frontcountry areas, like city parks and day use sites, are receiving more and more visitors every year and overall account for 85% of recreational use taking place today. So it’s more important than ever that we practice Leave No Trace on these easy to access public lands. Check out the tips listed below, and corresponding video, on how you can do your part and keep our favorite parks beautiful.
1. Go before you go – use the facilities when available.
2. Stick to durable surfaces – established trails are the way to go!
3. Keep wildlife wild – do not feed animals.
4. Let the flowers grow – leave what you find!
5. Protect the quality of visitors experiences – and be respectful.
6. Enjoy your world and leave no trace!
Want to promote leaving no trace in your City Park? Order your frontcountry poster today!
Helping keep our wild spaces wild,
Jenna and Sam – Subaru/Leave No Trace Traveling Trainer Team West
Leave No Trace’s Jenna Hanger and Sam Ovett are part of the 2016 Subaru/Leave No Trace Traveling Trainer Program that provides free, mobile education to communities across the country. Proud partners of this program include Subaru of America, REI, Fjall Raven, ENO, Deuter, Thule, and SmartWool.
Let’s protect and enjoy our natural world together
Get the latest in Leave No Trace eNews in your inbox so you can stay informed and involved.