News & Updates
4 ways to Practice Leave No Trace at Community Festivals
Bishop, CA: While enjoying the Bishop City Park Earth Day Festival, it dawned on us that Leave No Trace applies in this type of frontcountry gathering as well. With this thought in mind, we bring you 4 ways to practice Leave No Trace at community festivals. Watch the video or read the tips below!
1. Reduce waste by opting for re-useable – our favorite reusable option is Kleen Kanteen wear.
2. Trash your trash – recycle what you can.
3. Select a durable surface to enjoy the show – including picnic tables or dry grass.
4. Let the flowers grow – leave what you find.
5. Enjoy your world and leave no trace!
Helping keep our wild spaces wild,
Jenna and Sam – Subaru/Leave No Trace Traveling Trainer Team West
Leave No Trace’s Jenna Hanger and Sam Ovett are part of the 2016 Subaru/Leave No Trace Traveling Trainer Program that provides free, mobile education to communities across the country. Proud partners of this program include Subaru of America, REI, Fjall Raven, ENO, Deuter, Thule, and SmartWool.
Let’s protect and enjoy our natural world together
Get the latest in Leave No Trace eNews in your inbox so you can stay informed and involved.