San Diego, California
Nov. 16 from 9 AM to 11 AM
Leave No Trace and REI are teaming with Surfrider Foundation San Diego County for a beach and street cleanup. Look for the blue Surfrider tent where Palm Avenue meets the beach. Registration is onsite only.
22 Palm Ave
Imperial Beach, CA 91932
Look for the Blue Surfrider Tent where Palm Avenue meets the beach.
Beach Cleanup Information:
- Meet at the location described, and look for the blue Surfrider tent. That’s where you’ll start your morning by signing in and borrowing cleanup supplies.
- We will have supplies on hand, but please bring your own as our supplies are limited. By bringing your own reusable gloves, reusable bag/bucket and/or reusable water bottle, you help us create zero waste at our cleanups.
- Please wear comfortable clothes, closed-toed shoes and sunscreen. All volunteers (individuals as well as groups) are welcome to participate and must sign this liability waiver.Volunteers under the age of 18 must have a parent or guardian present at the beginning of the cleanup to sign a liability waiver before the minor can participate.
- Registration is not required unless a group is larger than 20 people – to register please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- As a volunteer, you play an active role in determining the sources of trash on our beaches. During the cleanup, please be prepared to fill out a data card detailing the types of trash that you collected, and make sure to have your trash weighed when you return to the registration table at the end of the cleanup. Preview our data card here.
Weather Cancellation Policy:
If it is lightly raining, we will hold the cleanup. If there are heavy rains, we will cancel the cleanup. To check the status of a cleanup, please see the Surfrider San Diego County events calendar or visit us on social media.
For additional information, please contact email@example.com
Nov. 17 from 10 AM to 12 PM
Leave No Trace and REI are teaming with St. Johns Riverkeeper for a cleanup event led by the local Rising Tides group. Meet at Powers Park, 3153 Green Street in Jacksonville.
Event 1: Stephenson Nature Preserve
Event 2: Givens District Park
Both Events on Nov. 23 from 10 AM to 2 PM
Leave No Trace and REI are teaming with the City of Austin Parks and Recreation Department to host two cleanup events in Austin.
One will be held at the Stephenson Nature Preserve (7501 Longview Road). We’ll meet at Longview Park parking lot, and we will walk together to the Preserve.
No special ability, skills or knowledge are required to participate in this event. Please wear closed toed shoes, and be ready to get dirty.
The Stephenson Nature Preserve cleanup is limited to 50 volunteers, so we have added a second option on the same date! This one will be held at Givens Park (3811 E 12th St.).
We’ll meet at Givens Park Pavilion, which is past the recreation center on the right hand side of the road. This cleanup is also limited to 50 volunteers.
Wissahickon Valley Park, Bell’s Mill Road
Nov. 23 from 9 AM to 1 PM
Leave No Trace and REI are teaming with Friends of Wissahickon Park to host a cleanup at Bell’s Mill Road. It sees a lot of traffic and unfortunately, a lot of trash. Join us for our fall clean up on this highly traveled road. We will clean each side of the road from Ridge Ave to Forbidden Drive one side at a time. There will be police and road flagger assistance.
San Francisco, California
Jackrabbit Beach and Sunrise Point
Nov. 23 from 10 AM to 2 PM
Leave No Trace and REI are teaming with Literacy for Environmental Justice (with additional support from the Candlestick Eco-Stewards and the San Francisco Parks Alliance) for an event that features a beach cleanup, plant restoration and environmental education sessions.
Update 11/21: The Eventbright registration page at the link below says that the cleanup is full, but we’re told that volunteers can still attend — however they will not be provided with a lunch.
Colorado Springs, Colorado
Nov. 29, 10 AM to 1 PM – UPDATE: Event CANCELLED due to snow.
Leave No Trace and REI are teaming with the City of Colorado Springs Parks and Recreation Department to host a cleanup at Palmer Park. Use the link below to find additional details and to register.
Lower Salt River
Nov. 29 from 8 AM to 12 PM
Leave No Trace and REI are teaming with Arizona-based Natural Restorations for a cleanup and restoration event for the Lower Salt River.
Hike the riverbanks and explore the area while collecting trash. Clubs and groups are welcome — this is a great opportunity for youth volunteers. Anyone under 18 must be accompanied and supervised by an adult. Registered participants will receive lunch from American Way Market.
Directions to the cleanup site will be provided once registration is completed — the area is not accessible to the public except for registered participants.
Register for the event via the link below.
New York, New York
Jamaica Bay Wildlife Refuge
Nov. 29 from 10 AM to 2 PM
Leave No Trace and REI are teaming with the Jamaica Bay Wildlife Refuge. The National Park Service and its partners Jamaica Bay Rockaway Parks Conservancy and the American Littoral Society look forward to providing a valuable experience for volunteers.