Leave No Trace Trainer Course
This course is for everyone age 14 & older who will teach Leave No Trace to others. Leave No Trace is integrated into every Scouting Program, every Pack, Troop, Team, Crew, and Ship should have a Leave No Trace Trainer. The course is highly recommended for members of the Districts’ outdoor skills training teams who teach IOLS, BALOO, OWLS, and Leader Specific Training. Scouts holding the Outdoor Ethics Guide position of responsibility learn the skills they need to be successful in their job through participating in this course.
Participants learn Leave No Trace principles, skills, and ethics through a combination of presentations, discussion, and hands-on activities. They also learn and practice techniques for teaching these concepts.
Those completing the course will be BSA Leave No Trace Trainers, recognized by the Leave No Trace Center for Outdoor Ethics. Completing the course prepares you to:
- Understand, demonstrate, and teach minimum impact techniques to friends, family, scouting groups, and other community groups.
- Teach the BSA Leave No Trace 101 Awareness class, BSA Outdoor Ethics Orientation Course, Leave No Trace sessions in Scout Training, Leave No Trace Awareness workshops, and lead Leave No Trace activities at Scouting events.
- Better understand outdoor ethics concepts presented in Outdoor leader training and Leader Specific Training
- Lead discussions on outdoor ethics and help others explore their own personal outdoor ethic.
- Better understand and teach 44 of the 2016 Trail to 1st Class requirements (34%)
Click here for more information.
Contact: Bob Sirhal, email@example.com
Let’s protect and enjoy our natural world together
Get the latest in Leave No Trace eNews in your inbox so you can stay informed and involved.