2019 Board Recruitment
LEAVE NO TRACE IS SEEKING QUALIFIED BOARD MEMBERS
Passion for the Outdoors
Do you have outdoor places that are special to you? Is it important that others respect and protect those places as you do? Have you ever wanted to give more of your talent? Then maybe the Leave No Trace Center for Outdoor Ethics Board of Directors is for you.
Leave No Trace at a Glance
If you’ve enjoyed a forest or national park, trail or beach then chances are you’ve already benefited from Leave No Trace. Our education explaining the basic principles of outdoor ethics has been placed at the entrances and trailheads of thousands of parks across the nation. But point-of-entry education is only one small piece of what the Leave No Trace Center for Outdoor Ethics does. Whether it’s student education, citizen science state-of-the-art research or national park remediation, we’re constantly seeking new and innovative ways to protect the outdoors. Leave No Trace is an international nonprofit that is 600 partner companies, 8000 members strong and has a budget of $2.5M with a full-time staff of 24 dedicated people. We are collaborators, experimenters, and recognized leaders in the protection of outdoor public spaces both remote and urban.
The Ideal Candidate Has:
- A desire to work with generous, capable, dynamic people who are as passionate about the outdoors as you are
- The ability to use personal and professional channels to increase the financial resources for the organization
- Experience in either the outdoor or non-outdoor sectors and can help the organization bring new industries to the table
- Leadership in your field
- A demonstrated passion for the Leave No Trace mission
- Access to influence/affluence and an interest in leveraging them to support the Center
- Previous board service
- Experience working across differences
Every Board Members Role Is To:
- Understand and drive the Leave No Trace mission
- Contribute your unique talents to help guide and refine our high-level strategy
- Periodically review the financial health of the organization
- Participate in at least one of the board’s four committees
- Actively work within your sphere of influence to expand awareness, membership, and sources of financial contributions
Your Time and Financial Commitment Looks Like:
- A three-year board term, with the option for a second term
- An average of five-hours per month of committee service and/or task fulfillment
- Personally donate at least $2500/year
- Attend three one-hour board conference calls per year
- Resources to travel and attend two full-day in-person meetings per year-meeting. Locations vary.
The Leave No Trace Center for Outdoor Ethics is looking for a broad selection of candidates of different backgrounds and particularly those from groups traditionally underrepresented in the outdoors. This is a volunteer position.
If you would like to apply, please send an email introducing yourself to Susy@LNT.org. Please include a paragraph describing why you want to be involved, and the best way(s) you can contribute to our mission. Interested candidates will be contacted by the Leave No Trace Board of Directors Nominations Committee.